Speed. Control. Precision.
With more than three decades of designing and building electrode rotators, Pine Research is the world leader in rotating disk (RDE), rotating ring-disk (RRDE) and rotating cylinder (RCE) electrodes. It is the precision, accuracy of speed controls, and the modulation of speed that has earned its industry-leading reputation. Pine Research currently offers two styles of electrode rotators. The most versatile and popular is the Modulated Speed Rotator (MSR) and we also offer the Compact Rotator (CPR). For more information or to purchase, visit our store.
Our most popular rotating electrode configuration worldwide! It is used by the research community for electrocatalyst screening, by the electroplating industry to elucidate reaction pathways, and by many industries for measuring corrosion rates under high shear conditions. It is also often used for fundamental research on battery and fuel cell materials. Some key features of the MSR Rotator are as follows:
- Adjustable range from 50 to 10,000 RPM
- Accurate to within 1% of the reading on the display
- Voltage output signal proportional to the rotation rate on the front panel
- Height adjustable making immersion or removal of rotating electrode simple
- Enclosure base made from chemically resistant polypropylene
- Large enclosure window for great view of rotating electrode during operation
Integrates the controller unit, motor and shaft into a single-piece rotator body. The built-in shaft is compatible with standard rotating disk electrode (RDE) and rotating cylinder electrode (RCE) tips. Some of the key features of the CPR Rotator are as follows:
- A solid-state controlled servo-system
- Adjustable rotating range from 100 to 8,000 RPM
- Set rotation rate using a convenient digital push button on the front panel
- Calibrated to within 3% of the front panel setting
- Base made from chemically resistant material
- Designed to make immersion or removal of rotated electrode quick and easy